Infection Control RN
Kindred Healthcare - Houston, TX
Job Number: 318025
$5,000 Sign On Bonus!
Interested in a career with Kindred Hospitals – a place where you can put your heart into and make a real difference in our patient’s lives.
Come and grow your career with Kindred Hospitals, a division of Kindred Healthcare. Our culture of caring for our patients and residents begin with our core values – our employees. We are committed to fostering professional growth and dedicated healthcare teams that make us the provider of choice. We embrace a diverse workforce and understand that hiring outstanding people is the key to providing quality care – and quality care is what we do every day! Join us!
As an Infection Control RN you will:
Infection Control Practitioner job consults with physicians, managers, and staff for the management of infectious and/or immuno-suppressed patients. Develops, implements, and continually monitors the infection control policies and procedures for all departments.
· Implements a surveillance system for detecting and monitoring hospital acquired and community infections. Ensures compliance to regulatory requirements.
· Provides physicians and staff with updates of infection control policy changes.
· Investigates outbreaks or clusters of infections. Monitors, analyzes, and interprets bacteriology reports and infection statistics, recommends appropriate control measures to prevent dissemination of resistant microorganisms and pathogens.
· Consults with physicians, managers, and staff for the management of infectious and/or immuno-suppressed patients.
· Participates in Infection Control Committees.
· Collaborates with local and state health departments in the prevention, control, and appropriate reporting of communicable diseases.
· Participates in ongoing infection control educational programs for employees, including TB, HIV/Hep/Universal Precautions. May educate patients as necessary.
· Bachelors Degree in nursing or healthcare related field.
· Current State RN license.
· Minimum of 1 year clinical experience in medical-surgical or critical care nursing.
EOE. M/W/V/D. Drug Free Workplace.